DTTAC trains Lifestyle Coaches and Master Trainers Select who train Lifestyle Coaches to deliver the National Diabetes Prevention Program (National DPP) lifestyle change program around the country. To date, we have trained over 2,000 Lifestyle Coaches representing employers, health care systems, and community-based organizations in 47 states plus Washington D.C and Puerto Rico!
DTTAC’s 2-day, in-person Lifestyle Coach training:
- Features an interactive, small group format with hands-on practice in group facilitation techniques.
- Includes detailed information on program structure, goals, curriculum*, and most importantly roles and skills of the Lifestyle Coach.
(*Note: DTTAC trains Lifestyle Coaches in either of the CDC approved curricula)
- Offers continuing education credit for certified diabetes educators and dietitians.
- Includes ongoing support to Lifestyle Coaches through Common Ground, DTTAC’s online learning community, where Lifestyle Coaches can ask questions of each other, DTTAC staff and Master Trainers, and download helpful resources (www.lccommonground.org).
- Is open to organizations that have pending recognition or will apply for CDC recognition and includes the most up-to-date information on the recognition process and the national program.
Your options for Lifestyle Coach training include:
- Attend a regional training
DTTAC hosts trainings in Atlanta and in cities around the country. The cost is $750 per person for the 2-day training and includes all training materials, but does not include travel or accommodations. Register for an upcoming training here.
Sign up to receive our monthly e-newsletter to stay in the loop about upcoming Lifestyle Coach trainings.
- Host a regional training in your city/state
If you have a few people who need to be trained as Lifestyle Coaches, your organization could partner with DTTAC to host a training in your city/state. Together we would promote the training through our various networks to fill the training from people around your region.
- Sponsor a training for your organization
If you have several people to be trained as Lifestyle Coaches, you could consider sponsoring a private training for your organization. While some organizations will sponsor the entire cost of the training, depending on how many people you want to train, you may wish to partner with another organization in your area to sponsor the training, or you may be interested in partnering with us to host a regional training.
To learn more:
View our list of upcoming Lifestyle Coach trainings!